So yes today is Valentine’s Day and yes we all feel obliged to send flowers, chocolates and gifts to those in our lives... and if we don't, clearly we are all sad and lonely losers.
STOP this is obviously NOT true. I believe that the obsession with love on one day can actually be harmful to ourselves and others and gives many people an excuse to NOT do anything the other 364 days of the year.
Here are my 5 top tips on how to feel and give a little bit of love every day of the year, including on Valentine’s Day .... if you must.
1. Give someone a compliment and make it authentic and a great one. Telling her she has "a nice pair" is not as thoughtful as "your silly jokes make me smile everyday".
2. Love yourself ..... you can’t love another person until you appreciate and value who you are as a person. You are wonderful in your own right!
3. Write a message or send a kiss to some lovely women on Pink Lobster Dating. This is actually the ideal opportunity to also get some love in return.. I always say you need to contact lots of women and someone, hopefully the right ones, will come forward and make your day, or hopefully your lifetime.
4. If you are looking for love, put yourself out there. Sitting at home and waiting for a message is not going to make you a great catch. Sign up to Meetup groups and go to events where you can indulge in a passionate hobby such as knitting, cat watching, and pug cuddling or of course… our dating events.
5. Go out somewhere fun with a friend and remember that there are all kinds of love. Friendship love can be just as powerful as any other love. The more you go out and enjoy yourself, and have fun, the more ready you will be to open up your heart to your lobster.
Remember ladies, when you find the “one” you will want to give and receive love every day and not just on February 14th.